1. Executive Summary
Brief statement of goals and recommendations based on hard data.
2. Current Marketing Situation
- Presents data on the market, product, competition, distribution, macro-environment. (Product fact book) S.P.I.N.S. Situation “Where am I”, Problem identification/Implications “What is happening”, Needs Assessment “Why is it happening”, Solutions “What can I do about it”
- Market Situation: Data on target market, size and growth for past years and each segment. Data on customer needs, perceptions, and buying behavior trends.
- Product Situation: Sales, prices, contribution margins and net profits for each major product line in the past several years.
- Competitive Situation: Major competitors described in terms of their size, goals, market share, product quality, marketing strategies.
- Distribution Situation: Information on size and importance of each distribution channel.
- Macro-environment Situation: Describes broad macro-environment trends – demographic, economic, technological, political/legal, socio/cultural, that bear on a product’s future.
3. Opportunity and Issue Analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Opportunities and Threats analysis
- Strengths and Weaknesses analysis
- Issue analysis: Use SWOT to define the main issues plan must address
Defines the plan’s financial and marketing goals in terms of sales volume, market share and profit.
5. Marketing Strategy (game plan)
Broad marketing approach that will be used to achieve goals.
- Target market
- Product Line
- Distribution Outlets
- Sales Force
- Sales Promotions
- Research and Development
- Marketing Research
6. Action Programs
Special marketing programs designed to achieve objectives, i.e., winning the loyalty of existing customers
7. Projected P&L
How will program be monitored?